The Asbestos Removal Contractors Association (ARCA) is the UK’s leading asbestos removal association, representing the interests of asbestos removal contractors and associated asbestos businesses.
Member asbestos removal companies participate in the Asbestos Removal Contractors Association Site Audit Accreditation Scheme to ensure they are working to the highest standards in the asbestos removal industry.
British Metal Recycling Association (BMRA) represents the £5 billion UK metal recycling sector - a globally competitive industry supplying environmentally-friendly raw material to metals manufacturers. Our 300 members trade and process steel, aluminium, copper and most other ferrous and non ferrous metals; and recycle a wide range of related products, such as end of life vehicles, packaging, batteries, domestic appliances, building materials and electronic goods.
The European Demolition Association, EDA, was founded in 1978 and is the leading platform for national demolition associations, demolition contractors and suppliers. The EDA has a strong focus on developments in Europe, which are of interest to the demolition industry.
Further, the EDA has amongst others the following objectives:
• To look after, promote and protect the interests of the demolition industry in Europe;
• To set and to promote European standards on demolition techniques and promote recycling of demolition debris;
• To be involved in and have an impact on health and safety legislation;
• To be involved in improving the legislation concerning the removal, depositing and recycling of demolition debris;
• To exchange information on techniques, working methods and training;
• To maintain contacts with similar organizations in other parts of the world, e.g. Asia and the U.S.
The NFDC is more than just a trade association... It is a body that helps steer a business sector; that provides vital information to its members; and is recognised as the voice of the global demolition industry. The NFDC raises the profile of demolition companies by identifying them as reputable and trustworthy. The rigidly imposed high standards required for admittance to the NFDC are monitored on an ongoing basis, ensuring that standards are maintained throughout the duration of membership.