The European Demolition Association, EDA, was founded in 1978 and is the leading platform for national demolition associations, demolition contractors and suppliers. The EDA has a strong focus on developments in Europe, which are of interest to the demolition industry.
Further, the EDA has amongst others the following objectives:
- To look after, promote and protect the interests of the demolition industry in Europe;
- To set and to promote European standards on demolition techniques and promote recycling of demolition debris;
- To be involved in and have an impact on health and safety legislation;
- To be involved in improving the legislation concerning the removal, depositing and recycling of demolition debris;
- To exchange information on techniques, working methods and training;
- To maintain contacts with similar organizations in other parts of the world, e.g. Asia and the USA.